The apostle Paul reminded the Thessalonian believers that there was a coming day of judgment, deliverance, and the establishment of God‘s kingdom. This period of time is known as the day of the Lord. Paul encourages them and reminds them of several characteristics of this period and that they were to live in a state of readiness and anticipation.
1. What is your major takeaway from 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 ?
2. Why do you suppose that God chose to reveal a part of his future plan to his people?
3. Interact on the hope or certainty that we have as believers in light of knowledge (limited though it may be) about God’s future plan?
4. How can we encourage and comfort one another with this knowledge?
5. What does it mean to you to live in a state of readiness in light of God’s revealed future plan?