Prayer & Fasting
Passage: Acts 19:1–19:10
 And it happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the inland country and came to Ephesus. There he found some disciples.  And he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”  And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” They said, “Into John’s baptism.”  And Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”  On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.  And when Paul had laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking in tongues and prophesying.  There were about twelve men in all.
 And he entered the synagogue and for three months spoke boldly, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.  But when some became stubborn and continued in unbelief, speaking evil of the Way before the congregation, he withdrew from them and took the disciples with him, reasoning daily in the hall of Tyrannus.  This continued for two years, so that all the residents of Asia heard the word of the Lord, both Jews and Greeks. (Acts 19:1–10)
- Pray that Bill and David pursue the Father’s heart from the right posture of humility each day so as to be in touch with what the Spirit is saying and doing around them.
- Pray for wisdom and boldness in engaging with contacts that they encounter, be they locals, refugees, NGO workers, or anyone else!
- Pray for God-prepared people who are spiritually open or recently come to faith and are EAGER to be trained and developed.
- Pray for contacts who will hear, obey, and pass on what they learn from the Word.
- Pray for calm and confident hearts as Bill and David walk forward into the unknown by faith on this “Luke 10” trip.
More in Sending Church: Commissioning
July 4, 2021Vance Commissioning