God's Purpose in Suffering
Passage: 1 Peter 4:1–19
- Pastor Bill said that God has a purpose in your suffering to make you more like Jesus. How have you seen that be the case in your life?
- If you are in the midst of suffering right now, what is God trying to tell you? How is it changing you?
- Peter gives a few clear imperatives (commands). Which resounds with you the most today and how will you practice it this week?
- Arm yourself with this way of thinking
- Do not be surprised when you suffer
- Rejoice that you get to become like Christ by suffering
- Do good while you wait for his glorious return
- James 1:2-4 is a simple summary of this teaching. Ask God with whom you can share it or this chapter and write their name down so you don’t forget.
More in 1 & 2 Peter: Unshakeable Hope
November 27, 20222 Peter 3 (Living In Light Of Christ's Return; Part 2)
November 20, 20222 Peter 3 (Living in Light of Christ's Return; Part 1)
November 13, 20222 Peter 2 (Part 3)