1 Peter 2:4-10 Build Your Life on Christ
Passage: 1 Peter 2:4–2:10
1 Peter 2:4–10 (ESV) -  As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious,  you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.  For it stands in Scripture: “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”  So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, “The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,”  and “A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.
 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.  Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
- What does it mean that Jesus is the foundation?
- What does it mean to pattern your life after Jesus?
- What could your family do to make Jesus the foundation and model for your home? How can you, as a family, grow to be more like Jesus together?
- Have you made Jesus the foundation of your life by faith or are you continuously rejecting the cornerstone?
- If you answered yes, are you patterning your life after him? How?
- Are you aware of your new identity in Christ? Are you letting your new identity shape you today?
- Are you embracing the glorious privilege and gift of proclaiming his excellencies?