Esther Fast (April 9-11, 2020)
Esther, chapter 4, describes a crisis for Esther’s people. Mordecai tells Esther that deliverance will certainly come, and challenges her to risk her life because she might “be in the kingdom for such a time as this.” Esther calls for all her people to fast three days. In response, God gave her favor with the king, the wisdom and strategy to defeat her enemies, and deliverance for His people.
We are calling for three days of united corporate prayer and fasting as we face the crisis of our lifetime – the COVID-19 pandemic and its global impact, particularly for Unreached Peoples. We are praying that God will use this to hasten the fulfillment of Matthew 24:14 that the gospel will be preached throughout the world as a testimony to all peoples.
Please join us and encourage others to do the same, in whatever way the Father leads you to fast and pray. This three-day Esther fast will end Easter Sunday morning, April 12, in celebration of the Resurrection.
Thursday, April 9 - Pray for the church:
- That we would sacrificially serve the lost around us in both words (gospel sharing) and deeds (meeting physical needs). 1 Thessalonians 1:8-9
- That the Good News would be shared clearly and effectively with great wisdom and boldness. 2 Corinthians 5:20; Ephesians 6:19-20
- For Repentance and a return to biblical patterns of being the Church and making disciples. 2 Chronicles 7:14; Revelation 2:4-5
Friday, April 10 - Pray for the lost:
- That Father would miraculously provide what they need (food, healing, etc.) and that these miracles would point to Jesus. Luke 9:14-17
- For open ears to hear and hearts to receive the Good News. Acts 26:18
- For harvesters to be raised up within the harvest who will bring in 30, 60, and 100-fold harvests. Matthew 13:8
Saturday, April 11 - Pray for the unreached:
- That the pandemic would provide unique access for the Good News to be shared with unreached people. Colossians 4:3-5
- That the Lord of the Harvest would send out laborers who are bold and unrelenting in their search for Persons of Peace. Luke 10:2-7
- To see God start “Book of Acts” movements in every people and place. Matthew 6:10; Acts 19:10